Specifications of the Solar 8282-1 Transient Pulse Generator include:
- Spike Durations: Pushbutton selectable durations of 0.15 µS, 5.0 µS and 10.0 µS (+/-20%) to zero crossover, into 5.0 ohm resistive load.
- Adjustable Peak Amplitude: Up to 600 volts for 0.15 µS, 5.0 µS and 10.0 µS durations into five ohm non-inductive load.
- Internal Impedance: Less than 5.0 ohms for 0.15 µS, less than 2.0 ohms for 5.0 µS, less than 1.0 ohm for 10.0 µS.
- Pulse Repetition Rate: Manually adjustable up to 50 p.p.s. for all pulse durations.
- Pulse Shape: Ringing characteristic similar to Figure 19 in MIL-STD-462 when connected to non-inductive load.
- Pulse Position: Adjustable from 0° to 360° on 50 Hz, 60 Hz or 400 Hz power lines.
- External Sync Operation: Remotely triggerable up to 50 p.p.s. for 0.15 µS, up to 1000 p.p.s. for 5.0 and 10.0 µS.
- Amplitude Display: Panel meter is analog LED display of peak amplitude as it would be into a five ohm resistive load.
- Power Current in Series Injection Mode: Handles up to 50 amperes of current at power frequencies.
- Power Requirements: 115 volts 60 Hz, 3.0 amperes. (230 volts 50 Hz, 1.5 ampere available.)